FTS Election Guidelines and Process
There are no Associations without Board Members. As the most important executive body, it primarily represents the association’s values, goals, and interests to the outside world. Whatever the members decide, the board must actively implement it. As a rule, the board and executive members come into association through an election during the AGM.
Elected Board Duration
• The length of the tenure of the Board and Executive Committee is 2 years as per FTS AOA.
• Any registered member of FTS, who is in the registration books of the association on the date of the AGM is eligible to elect the executive committee of FTS.
• Voting is only possible in person. No remote voting is allowed.
• Any registered member of FTS, who is in the registration books of the association for more than one calendar year is eligible to nominate himself/herself for any of the listed positions.
• Nomination is possible (remotely) for any position by emailing at least one day before the AGM.
• One Nomination allowed from one family
Process for the elections
• The election process will be led by a neutral persons (3 Election Officers) who cannot contest for the committee position.
• The current committee will formally step down (Temporarily) from their roles.
• The election officers are responsible to take the attendees signature in the attendance sheet for record.
• Election officers are responsible to handle the ballot papers to record the voting.
• The election officers will then start the election process for together or each role one after the other.
• An elected board member must accept the election. It usually explains this after the election has taken place.
• The new committee will be finally elected and from then on, the handover of the duties from old committee will take place.
• A member may also vote for their own election or deselection, a penalty or their own exclusion from the association.